Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Very First Apartment. Pictures Included.

My bedroom. :] my mattress is 5 whole inches of Memory foam. (I LOVE it)


My Living room. I built the coffee table...with help. :]
It has storage in it and under it. It's truelly fantastic and I LOVE it.
That picture above my TV is Gene Kelley (sp?) from Singing in the rain. :]
This right here is my Kitchen. It's, as an old friend would say, a One-butt kitchen. haha.
However, it's big enough for one person and actually has A LOT of space.

Liam made this fishy using a water bottle, paper mache, and googly eyes. I just love it.
glub, glub, glub.
This is my little shelf. It holds my sunflowers.
some loverly candles.
as well as a few other little trinkets.
This is in the corner of my kitchen. My dad built the shelf above the microwave.
Up on top is a fondue pot that the Amazing Sister Glover gave me.
She also gave me the cute chef's salt and pepper shakers,
and Pedro (i named him) the Olive Oil man.
Sister Glover was fantastic in helping me get ready for my move.
She gave me lots of odds and ends as well as dishes for my apartment.
I absolutely love living on my own,
and i LOVE my apartment.

I have a futon couch in my living room that becomes a bed. I intend on having big sister weekends on which i plan on having a sibling. just one. come and visit and have some quality me time. :] I also welcome visitors as well. :]

I also really like my ward. They have been very welcoming and inviting and have made me feel welcome as well.

I have a temporary job. Its walking distance from my apartment. It's for the book rush week and possibly for game day weekends. I stayed an extra two hours yesterday hoping to stand out and be noticed. If I do really well I may get a permanent job, but there are no promises. So I intend on working hard and doing more than my best in hopes of getting this job permanently. Until then though I am still on the hunt for another job.

Besides all this I usually spend my time sitting around and watching my movies. (Internet and Cable don't come until tomorrow. Boo for waiting. but YAY for it being tomorrow.)
School starts this Wednesday. I am excited and nervous for the new school year and what is to follow.

Wish me luck! :]

8 comments:

  1. Rebekah - we have a new apartment, too! I'll soon have pics of it.

    Uncle Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. In your profile you say God has a plan for you but your calling the shots. I heard it said that, "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him YOUR plans for Your future!

    It is too true! Trust me! I am in the Ukraine and that was not in my plans a years ago!

    Uncle Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your apartment. Enjoy the privacy and get lots of good studying done. Good luck with your job!

    Hugs from Hawaii,
    Chloe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebekah, you are the CUTEST! I had no idea your apartment would be so nice! Hooray! I am so proud of you for making your coffee table. What an exciting time! I would LOVE for you to come by next Sunday. Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, it took me so long to get on here... I've had a long busy couple of weeks, and some computer issues with some sights...

    It lookes nice all pulled together without the boxes we left you with.

    I need to get your curtains made so you have a bit more color to stand out more as well.

    Glad things are going well, and you will be just fine tomorrow on your first day of school! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and you need to send a picture of your coffee table to knock off wood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok so HOW did I miss this post!?! I have been anxiously awaiting it to see your pics! LOVE your first apartment! So cute. I love your kitchen, and neat accessories as well as your quilt! great job on the coffee table. I want to come see your place in person now...girls night! :) By the way, I miss seeing you around. next time you are in town let's do lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete