Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Big Move, and much more.

WHEW!!!!

My has it been a while. What a month!

I moved to New York officially July 15 (wednesday). It's been a whirlwind of emotions, and even though I miss some people back home, i LOVE it here.

the day after i arrived in New York i attended a two day (yes overnight in a dorm) session at school (thursday through friday), i created my schedule and made a few friends. :]

Friday afternoon my dad, ryan, and i drove and hour and a half to my mom's cousin Robyn's.
Meeting that side of my family again after 13 years had been a blast. :]
That night we (dad, ryan, and i) went and saw the Hill Cumorah Pageant. (you see my cousin Robyn lives about 20 minutes from Palmyra) (oh i know you're jealous!)

then on satuday i return back to Buffalo, New York with Ryan and my daddy.
shorty after i hugged and waved goodbye to my daddy.

time passes and i get really really tired and have a fever off and on for two days.
i get a phone call sometime within this from Robyn and get invited to join them on a trip to Kirtland, Ohio to attend youth conference with my cousins and meet my other family. (Robyn's sister)
i loved meeting my family and i tried to enjoy youth conference, however i got a bad kidney infection so i missed a good portion of youth conference activities.
after that i returned home with Robyn and Anani. :] since then we have been having LOADS AND LOADS of fun. it's been amazing getting to know my family. (i finally realize where i fit in!!! :] )
PLUS Robyn loves to cook and to teach, and i like to cook and need to learn how to prepare meals for my Severely Lactose Intolerant self. All in all, it's been a good deal. She's been keeping me well fed, just to say the least. :]



so there you go. i will post some pictures that i have taken later, but for now i finally got an update up. :] so no worries, alas i am fine, and absolutely loving this new part of my life!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update sweetie - was great to hear about your adventures so far - am sorry you weren't feeling well though - love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that you got sick, but glad that you are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebekah, I have missed seeing you! It just was not the same without you in RS last Sunday rocking Wesley. I am so glad you were able to attend Hill Cumorah Pageant . . . I always thought that sounded so cool. What delightful cousins and extended family you have; you are off to a great start. Love you, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We miss you!!! I'm so glad you are having a great time reconnecting with my cousins. I truly am jealous!!! I'd love to spend time hanging with Robyn, and cooking!!! and trips to Kirtland? (and my cousin Mini) Could life be much better than that?!?!?!?! Enjoy your time there!

    ReplyDelete