Sunday, January 11, 2009

Faith in the Lord

Some situations and issues have come up recently.  Now as to what they are particullarly I will not disclose, however these have been weighing heavily on my heart the past week or so. Today (After a very LONG and trialing weekend) I broke down and prayed as I tried to relax in the shower following a long day at work. 

I prayed, not for long, but I prayed from my heart, from my soul, to my father in heaven. 
Following my relaxation therapy attempt, I sat on my floor, hoping with all my might that an answer may soon follow. I was lost and unsure. 
"How will I know?"
"What will I do?"
"What should I do?"
"How can I be sure that when it comes, it's not just my minds thoughts screaming or whispering to me?"

As I sat there, and to be honest, crying all the while I got a needed text from a dear friend of mine. A month or so ago I betrayed him to save his life, and now at just the time I needed someone to talk to, he texted me. 
 We began just talking like we normally do, and then he asked, so out of the blue,...
"Are you okay?"
"What's on your mind, Bekah?"

For a good while my friend and I talked. For a friend who had just so recently decided to leave the church, he gave me advice. The spiritual advice that I needed. He knew exactly what to say, and how to say it. He offered his love, his friendship, and his spirit. 

He knew. The Lord knew I needed comfort. He took the time and prompted this friend to text at just the time I needed a friend. 

Thank God for these blessings. For the little things that matter. Every decision you make will lead to something later in life. I saved this friend from making a life ending decision, I helped him through some trials and convinced him to stay in the Church and to trust God. 
And here I was, months later and these choices that I made, and most importantly that he made,  led to him being there for me. There when I was lost, and feeling so alone, I was reminded of God's love, God's mercy, and that I'm never alone.  

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful experience. So happy you received what you needed.

    ReplyDelete