Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's a small, small world.

While attending my Study Skills class today, I learned something. 

it's a small, small world.

I have come to find out that my instructor, is actually my backyard neighbor. Who knew? 
After class we continued to discuss this new found fact, as to which she asks "Do you Babysit?" 
I said, "Well of course" 
With that she threw her hands up in the air and rejoiced with a thrilled "YES!"
As our conversation proceeded I also learned that she can see my road from her backyard, and can see and hear all the children playing, and has being trying for who knows how long to convince them to just walk on over and make some friends. Apparently her road is lacking in play-mates thus her children have been lonely and might I even mentioned the taboo word "bored". Where as my cul-de-sac is abundant in that department. 

Who would have known??


On another note,

Personally I find Valentines day REDICULOUS. Yes, I said it. REDICULOUS. Why is it that we (as a society) need a specific day to show everyone around you that:
a) you love them
b) you care about them
c) you appreciate them
d) all of the above.
I mean honestly (Guys and Gals) Has it really come to that?? 
Why can't you just go out on random dates? Oh! And Guys, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, go and buy you loved one roses. (Unless that is really her favorite flower in the entire universe.) What's wrong with any other flowers? They are cheeper, much prettier, last longer, and mean that you were thinking a little more than the normal guys who just go for the traditional kind of gifts. 
Also, I KNOW the price of roses around Valentines day. I mean, if you have that much dough to throw around, buy us something we've been beggin for. Take us out on a nice date. Get us a few things that we can keep longer. I would rather you go for the untraditional things and just get me items that really show you know me, than you waste that money on a bouquet of roses that are just going to die the following day. Heck, forget the money factor. Make a mix CD of some of our favorite songs. the ones that bring us fond memories and giggles. Write a poem. It doesn't matter if your any good at it. The fact that you made the effort to do such an admireable thing is what really matters. Heck write it out, put it on some construction paper, make your best efforts to make it "pretty" (it's alright, girls think child level artwork is adorable), and put that masterpeice in a frame. :]
Yea, those are the things that matter, the real things to win our hearts.

1 comment:

  1. You make me smile :-) and I can TOTALLY hear you saying ALL that! It is a small world indeed but then a question - if teacher/mom could hear all the kids - why didn't SHE bring the kids over and introduce them? And I agree about Valentine's Day - I have always preferred something that will be around a bit longer than flowers or candy and fortunately everyone in my house is good about that - I LOVE things for my kitchen, crafting, etc for most every "special" occasion and sometimes "just because" I love you girl! Okay had to back out of the "word verification" just to share with you that the word was uperbut ;-)

    ReplyDelete