Thursday, January 7, 2010

Life Update

"Love. Healing. Help. Hope. The power of Christ to counter all troubles in all times—including the end of times. That is the safe harbor God wants for us in personal or public days of despair. That is the message with which the Book of Mormon begins, and that is the message with which it ends, calling all to 'come unto Christ, and be perfected in him' (Moroni 10:32)."

Jeffrey R. Holland, "Safety for the Soul," Ensign, Nov. 2009, 88

This past Summer i signed up to receive daily emails from the church. Sometimes they are just ones i keep because i am sure to have future use for them. Others seem to come at the time i need them most. Today i Received one that was the later.

Ive been feeling really hopeless lately.
For those who did not know, i was engaged. It wasn't a hasty decision. Yes i had him ask my dad. Yes i prayed about it, and yes I received the answer.

I not only love this boy, but i am helplessly, head-over-heels, in love with him. After two years he still gives me butterflies.

However, two-months ago things went from bliss to non-existent within the time of a week.


This has thrown me out of wack and i cant seem to find my way out. There are a lot of complications that have come with this devastation, and some really scare me. I have felt lost in life, in spirit, in Everything.

There is a good point to this, besides that this is a journal and i'm updating it.

These emails arrive when i need them most with words of comfort and hope. I advise each of you access the LDS.org site and sign up for these emails. They have them for every kind of person, and any stage of life.


With them i am reminded that Heavenly father loves me and in not always grand, but subtle ways, he shows me so.

7 comments:

  1. I know life hasn't been easy for you lately, that you are hurt, lost, afraid - and a multitude of other emotions right now. I love you, I pray for you, for your safety, for your health, I pray that your heart will be open to allow the right guys into your life - he is out there looking for you - Heavenly Father has chosen him for you - he WILL find you, I pray you feel Heavenly Fathers love and comfort in your life daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, life can really get at us, can't it? I 'm sorry to hear about your troubles, but I know all will work out in the end. God's plans are not always what we see. Oh how I have learned that over the years! Don't give up :)
    Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that thought from Elder Holland. What a brilliant idea to sign up for uplifting quotes!

    I hope you will come by before you go back.
    I have lots of advice to give you I know you don't want the whole blogging world reading on your (awesome!) blog.

    Always love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is such a great message from Elder Holland. Always know that you are not alone and that you are a great and strong person. I am sorry to hear that you are hurting. I love ya and am sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have wondered at teh little messages you have posted occasionally. Now I need to get these messages too! What a great idea! I'm grateful that you have found comfort and support in hard times through scripture and messages from the Latter Day Apostles. I love you! I know that Heavenly Father Loves YOU!!! You will be o.k. and even come through this stronger than you were before. I will miss you when you are gone again. I always LOVE you! ~mom~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebekah,you are an amazing young woman!!! Just remember your life is in the Lord's hands and all things are for a reason. We may not always understand or really want what happens but look for the growth. We sure miss your sweet family. You will be in my prayers.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete